Comfort air conditioning unit with highly efficient regenerative heat storage packages
Units of the Resolair 64 and 68 series combine medium and large air volumes with the advantages of regenerative heat recovery: up to over 90% heat recovery and up to 70% humidity recovery allow a comfortable climate with minimal energy costs. The devices are built in a modular construction and offer a very high flexibility with regards to design and optional features.
Further performance parameters and options:
- Filtering the air in any operating mode
- Cycle time adjustment for by-passing the heat recovery up to free cooling –
- Integrated bypass function
- Thermal bridge factor TB1
- Individually controllable performance parameters
- Complete unit, ready to connect, contains all structural elements for comfort air conditioning, including all control and regulation fittings –
- Intensive quality inspection with factory test run
- Recirculation air heating damper
- Pumped hot water heating coil
- Pumped chilled water cooling coil (64 series)
- Reversible compressor refrigeration system (68 series)
- Supply air / return air airflow path exchanged (64 series)
- Outdoor installation
- Hot water extraction, to use waste heat for heating purposes (68 series) –
- Remote maintenance
- And many more
At a glance:
- For heat and cooling recovery
- Over 90% temperature efficiency
- Energy efficiency class H1 according to EN 13053:2012
- Corrosion-free heat storage packages made from polypropylene for more compact and lighter units
- Energy-saving EC fans
- Integrated compressor refrigeration system (68 series)
- Two-stage supply air filtration
- Humidity recovery up to 70%
- Fulfils the requirements of VDI 6022
The unit contains two heat packets with highly sensitive accumulator mass, through which the outside and return air are transported alternately. The accumulator mass is able to capture heat from a warm air flow very rapidly and transferring this just as rapidly to the cold air flow.
A damper system is installed upstream and downstream of the packets. The damper system at RA/SA side is actuated by electric motors, while the damper system at OA/EA side operates dynamically (at series 68 also mechanical). The fans in the return air and supply air sections simultaneously supply cold outside air through one packet and warm return air through the other. One packet stores the heat from the return air, which the other packet simultaneously discharges stored heat into the outside air.
The temperature efficiency of the regenerative energy exchanger is over 90%. The unit thus obtains virtually all the heat energy back from the return air. This means that an additional supply air heating coil is not required and the internal heat load covers the transmission heat loss. Despite the very high heat recovery efficiency of the Resolair series, the regenerative heat recovery system used requires no defrost mode. The heating capacity normally needed is not required in this case.
In wintertime conditions, the humidity recovery of the regenerative heat recovery system is up to 70%, which in most applications makes an additional humidification system unnecessary in wintertime.
Where outside air temperatures are rising, variable alteration of the switching cycles allows heat recovery to be reduced all the way down to free cooling.
If the outside temperatures exceed the indoor temperature, the unit switched back into the basic cycle and then operates in “cooling recovery mode” with the same high degree of efficiency as for heat recovery.
For the removal of higher internal heat loads at high outside air temperatures the integrated compression refrigeration system is switched on (68 series).