Frecolair 14AIR VOLUME FLOW: 2,600 – 27,000 m³/h
Ventilation unit with compressor refrigeration system for free cooling of rooms with high thermal loading
Units in the Frecolair 14 series were developed especially for discharging high internal heat loads into the atmosphere from buildings without humidity requirements. In data processing centres and technical facilities, these units ensure reliable operation and precisely regulate the supply air temperature absolutely spot on. The variability of the operating modes, in combination with first-class components and precise control and regulation systems, guarantees economical operation at all times.
Further performance parameters and options:
- Focussing on free cooling for maximum savings on operating costs –
- Filtering the air in any operating mode
- Individually controllable performance parameters
- Complete unit, ready to connect, contains all structural elements for comfort air conditioning, including all control and regulation fittings –
- Intensive quality inspection with factory test run
- Two-circuit cooling system to increase redundancy
- Pumped chilled water cooling coil
- Pumped hot water heating coil
- Outdoor installation
- Remote maintenance
- And many more
At a glance:
- For discharging high heat loads
- Advantages of free cooling and recirc mode in a single unit
- Energy-saving EC fans
- Integrated output-regulated compressor refrigeration system
- High electrical efficiency thanks to the lowest possible internal pressure losses
- Low space requirement, no additional construction measures for cooling required
- Integrated control and regulation system, compatible with all conventional build management systems
Cooling at low outside temperatures
In order to avoid excessive drops in room temperature at low outside temperatures, a small proportion of the warm return air is added to the cold out-side air during partial recirculation mode. The proportion of outside air is variably controlled.
Free cooling at medium outside temperatures
In free cooling mode, the inside heat load is discharged directly via the return air. The cooling takes place exclusively through the continuously controllable proportion of outside air.
Cooling with outside air at high outside temperatures
The internal heat load is discharged directly with the return air, while in part-load operation the compressor refrigeration system cools the warm outside air to the desired supply air temperature.
Cooling in recirculation mode at very high outside temperatures
If the outside temperature exceeds the return air temperature, the system will automatically switch over into recirculation mode, which is more economical in that case. The return air is cooled to the desired supply air temperature directly by the output-regulated compressor refrigeration system. No addition of warm outside air is necessary.
Cooling with a low proportion of air from outside at high outside temperatures
If the outside temperature is higher than the return air temperature and if a proportion of air from outside is required for hygiene reasons, some outside air can be added in a regulated and hence controlled manner during partial recirculation mode. The return air is cooled to the desired supply air temperature directly by the output-regulated compressor refrigeration system.